Soccer: the Game of My Life
To inform Goal: In my speech I would like to talk to my audience about soccer, which is my hobby.
I. I am sure each of you have a hobby or an activity, which is an escape from the everyday life.
II. Such as hobbies or sport activities let’s you relief the stress, and give you the strength to live.
III. I also have a hobby, which is soccer. I play soccer since I was a little boy, and it had a big influence on my life.
IV. Today, I would like to tell you about how playing soccer shaped my physical and mental strength, allowed me to travel, and meet people and friends.
I. To begin, let’s talk about health benefits I gained from playing soccer.
A. I shaped my overall physical strength and health.
- Years of playing soccer let me keep my body in good shape. Running, jumping, and stretching, had build up my flexibility, endurance, and physical strength.
- Continuous training allowed me to stay healthy all the time. Beside occasional colds or flu I never got sick.
B. Pushing my body to hard work influenced my mental strength.
- The desire to win the game and the endless forcing myself to work hard taught me to never give up, to “fight to the last whistle”.
- Soccer allows me to escape from the everyday life. When I play soccer, I forget about all my worries and problems. During the game my stress is relived.
Transition: Beside physical and mental health I also received many social benefits from soccer.
II. I did travel a lot; I met many people, and made lots of friends.
A. Many years of playing soccer allowed me visited many places.
- Playing in regular season involved travel in a bus around the country. There was always time to stop to see important monuments, explore interesting places or cities.
- To prepare for the season we often travel to other countries for several days. I have visited many cities in Russia, Ukraine, Slovakia, or Germany.
- Now, when I am playing for Tarnovia Chicago, I do traveling as well. My team is participating in the soccer tournaments hosted in Wisconsin, Michigan, New Jersey, California, and Florida.
B. While traveling with the team I met many new friends.
- Traveling involves spending a lot of time with your teammates. Long bus and train rides, or living in the same room give plenty of time to play, talk, and get to know each other.
- I also met many people on the field from the opponent teams. With some of those people we have set specific form of friendship, which only exists on the soccer field. We meet once a while at the game and we enjoy playing against each other.
Summing up my speech, soccer is a team sport, where the personal strengths, trust, and friendships between people are being formed. Those are the things I value the soccer for.