Proposal To Provide Performance Improvement Consultancy Services To Tk Maxx
This proposal to provide performance improvement consultancy services to TK MAXX is in response to the request of the Director of Human Resource Management of TK MAXX, Mr. Robert Daniels, in a “Request for Proposal” letter dated January 15, 2007 (Ref. No. TKM-LTR-HR-07-023) to CAYAE Continental Consultants.
We are the proud CAYAE Continental Consultants—a performance management consultancy based in Los Angeles, California. We have been in the industry for more than 20 years. Our coverage of operation is within North America, Europe and Latin America.
Among our top performance management consultancy services are listed below (these are derived from the Management Services Body of Knowledge (IMS)):
- Quality Management (total quality management, statistical quality control, benchmarking, compliance, organization culture, appraisal techniques)
- Management Control (cost control, energy management, financial accounting and management, activity-based planning and costing, materials control, procedure audit, operations planning and control, risk analysis, performance measurement and control, conformance to regulations.
- Business transformation (corporate business strategy and planning, organization and methods, organization development, business process engineering, process management, automated work distribution and management
- Human resource management (communication, health and safety, payment systems and incentives, industrial relations, manpower planning, motivation work and job design, work organization, job evaluation, investor sin people) With our wide scope of specialization, we can provide specific areas of improvement to TK MAXX organization.
UNDERSTANDING THE NEEDS OF TK MAXX
In the initial meeting of the designated performance consultant of CAYAE, Mr. Alberto Sanchez, with Mr. Robert Daniels, an initial assessment of the current situation of some problem areas of TK MAXX was undertaken with inputs coming mostly from Mr. Daniels but not from any one the actual people involved in identified organizational problem areas. The following were found to be the current issues and problems in certain areas of the organization:
- Tight budget for staf
- Location (retail park, not high street… ie high street have more sales than retail park)
- Untrained staff (lengthy training process)
- Managing staff (around three departments, over 10 people)
It was further learned that TK MAXX is engaged in the retail industry and specializes in the selling of clothing, accessories, toys, and furniture. TK MAXX provides discount rates to cheap designer wears particularly on buy bulk purchases and after seasonal occasions, like, Christmas.
SCOPE OF WORK
After carefully studying the current issues/problems of TK MAXX, CAYAE proposes the following actions to undertake under each identified issue/problem along with the identified actions to be taken by TK MAXX indicated in the Table below. CAYAE Continental Consultants has been in the management consultancy business for more than 20 years. The main strength of CAYAE is its people—professional, dedicated, commitment, and honest, and trustworthy.
Another strength of CAYAE is its affiliation with professional organizations, like, the: Institute of Management Consultants USA, Inc. (ICMCI), International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), American Society for Quality (ASQ), and American Management Association (AMA). What is significant with our corporate membership with these respected organizations is that we internalize and practice their respective codes and professional ethics and integrate them directly or indirectly with ours.
A performance consultant is one who practices a “disciplined approach to assessing individual; and organizational effectiveness, diagnosing causes of human performance problems, and recommending a set of interventions. The approach is based on a body of knowledge about organizational and human performance. The outcome is [an] advice on how to improve organizational and people performance” (Hale, 1998, p. 9).
- AMA. American Management Association. http://www. amanet. org/ (February 23, 2007). http://www.imcusa.org/