Online Clinic Management System
Established in November, 2008, the Villa-Santarromana Dental Clinic provides quality dental services to private clients who prefer dental treatments in a friendly and caring environment. The clinic was managed and owned by Dr. Karen Francia S. Villa. It is located in the city proper of Luna, La Union. They offer services in the field of General Dentistry, Orthodontics, and Cosmetic Dentistry. As for the moment it has a huge amount of clients who comes every day for dental services.
We all know that modern clinics are now operating at great pace striving to serve as many patients as possible with the best of their abilities. But as the years rolled by, prescriptions, billing and appointment schedule, is no longer practical. In this study, we hope to develop a web-based application that will minimize all paper works and manual records keeping, therefore allowing doctors and staff ease in keeping track of patients.
Reducing patients’ waiting time and increasing the number of patients served a system that is fully automated, user-friendly, time effective and efficient.
A. General Problem: The main problem of Villa-Santarromana Dental Clinic is that they have the manual way on recording, tracking, and managing patients request which sometimes lead to slower transaction within the clients.
B. Specific Problem:
- New and regular patient’s records was recorded manually;
- Billing statement and its official receipt is done manually;
- Tracking regular patients;
- Scheduling of services;
- Tallying of monthly income.
A. General Objective
This study was aimed to designed and develop an online clinic management solution that will serve as proposal to help the dentist and staff to save time and resources with the automation of its daily clinic operations.
Specifically this study was aimed to:
- To computerize record keeping of patients;
- To allow dentist retrieve complete patient instantly;
- To automate billing statement and official receipt;
- To automate medical prescription and medical certificates.
Project Goal: The focus of this study is to create an online clinic management system that will greatly improve the efficiency and quality of care in clinical practice.
- The system covers the profile of the client’s personal information;
- The system tracks the records of the regular clients;
- The system will have an automated billing statement and official receipts;
- The system will record, update, store, organize, and retrieve patient’s records.
- Web-access of the patients is not included;
- The system has a secure log-in for dentist and staff;
- Managing appointment is also integrated;
- Automated medical prescriptions and medical certificates.