Gatesix Inc IT Consultant Firm
1. Gatesix Inc. Gatesix Inc. is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
They handle everything from web development, productivity solutions, and marketing applications. They are considered am all inclusive company that handles all your IT needs. They consider themselves no nonsense and will work within a budget. They have a broad range of services which include but are not limited to:
- Web Development – Custom development of web-based software, content management, custom applications, e-commerce. Interactive Marketing – SEO strategy analysis, search engine marketing, paid search marketing, and ongoing SEO support.
- Software Development – Business applications, business process automation, web-based applications, client extranets, employee intranet, and E-commerce applications.
- Interactive Design – Website design, flash and multimedia design, and graphic design.
- Network Support – network analysis and design, office cabling and networking, remote monitoring and support, desktop support, server setup and management both Microsoft and Linux platforms, VPN setup both Microsoft and Cisco, managed support, onsite and offsite backups, after-hours help with moves, server migrations and upgrades.
- Staff Supplementation – System architects, project managers and technical leads, internet marketing consultants, graphic and web designers, software engineers, and both onsite and offsite resources.
2. IBM Services
The next company I found is IBM. Obviously they are a well known company who has offices and service throughout the world. They are definitely competition whom can offer all IT services and are well recognized. IBM can offer everything from communication services to training.
- Business continuity and resilience – Disaster recovery service, information protection, managed resilience, and resilience consulting.
- End user services – Client virtualization (workplace optimization consulting), device deployment and management (platform integration and development, software platform management), and help desk ervices. • Integrated communication – designing, implementing and managing communications and networking environments to optimize. Integrated business communications.
- IT strategy and architecture – Analyze and develop a plan to provide a business-driven infrastructure, identify cost reduction opportunities and improve quality.
- Maintenance and technical support – Hardware and application maintenance (24/7).
- Middleware – Service-oriented architecture (SOA) integration, IT lifecycle management, information on demand infrastructure, and infrastructure optimization.
- Security and privacy – Threat mitigation solutions, data security, and integrated security program. • Server services – Server optimizer, integration, management, and server products.
- Site and facility support – data and facility strategy, IT assessment, design, and construction. They also help with IT consolidation and relocation.
- Storage and data – Storage optimization and integration, lifecycle management, data mobility, storage and data products, and storage and data management.
- Training – They offer a wide variety of training from software to administration and applications.
3. MIT Consulting MIT
Consulting is located in Toronto, Ontario. They have long standing relations with many manufacturers which helps they provide up to date consulting and services. MIT Consulting is a well rounded company that can offer consultant services for all aspects of business and IT needs. They have a wide range of backgrounds that make up their team.
- Business consulting – Consulting for planning, training, financing, market research, and promotion/advertising.
- Hardware and Software (sales and service) – They offer a variety of hardware and software products from Microsoft to Lenovo. They also provide service for all the products they provide.
- IT relocation – they help with all relocation of a company IT resources.
- Technical support – For all aspect of IT emergency problems. They can restore the entire system or individual aspects or elements.
- Web development – Design and development of new website or single features. • Web Hosting – Web hosting services.
- Disaster Recovery – Hardware planning, backup solutions, data recovery, and off-site storage.
- DVR Systems – Premises monitoring via internet recording using digital video recorders.
- Wifi – Building and deployment of company wireless network.
Session 2 Part 3 Project Scope Statement Training Information Management System (TIMS), the project scope is to allow users to track instructors, students, courses and grades. TIMS must be completed in six months and must allow the functions listed above. TIMS must also link with the accounting system for accurate pricing for courses and accounting financial interaction. TIMS should be able to track credits earned toward IT industry certification requirements. The new system may also allow students to register for courses online.Session 2 Part 4 Interview and Questions The following is the list of employees at SCR who I wish to interview and the accompanying questions for each employee or group of employees.
SCR training group: Jill Martin Questions: 1. What is the cost benefit of this training group program? 2. How long do the courses take? Is there a standard or are all the courses different? 3. Will these courses be non-stop and on-going? Or will it just stop after a year or so? 4. What is your vision for these courses? 5. How much improvement from the employees are you looking for? 6.How much will each of the courses cost? 7.
Is it free for employees who want to update themselves in information technology? 8. How do you know it will work at the end of the course? 9. Will there be pretesting for the participants who are taking the courses? 10. What will be the system requirement for this training program? Executive Committee: Gary Smith and Nan Wheeler (Executive Assistant) Questions: 1. How would you like the TIMS program to benefit SCR Associates? 2. Is there anything specific that you would like to see implemented? 3. What is the proposed budget for this program/project? .
What are you trying to achieve with this new training program? 5. Do you feel the students will have the necessary skills to be successful in the Information Technology sector after completing these courses?6. Do you feel this training program will be profitable for SCR? Systems Group: Jesse Baker (Manager) and Robert Newman, Marge Clark (Programmers) Questions: 1. Have you ever worked with any system similar to TIMS? 2. Are there any obstacles or restrictions that you foresee in this project? Network/Web Group: Tamisha Spencer (Manager) Questions: . How would you like to see the system designed in terms of being accessible to everyone, i. e.
through the intranet or internet? Administrative Support Group: Janet Gannon (Human Resources Specialist) Questions: 1. Can you go through the process of staff training from start to finish with me? 2. Currently what are the problems associated with staff training? 3. From a HR perspective how do you see this benefiting staff training? Business Solutions Group: Lynn Chou (Manager) Stephanie Greene (Business Analysts) Meg Harris (Corporate Trainers) Questions: . How can this be designed to be used in your department?References Gatesix (2008) Gatesix Inc. Retrieved February 8, 2009 from http://www. gatesix.
com/. IBM (n. d. ). IBM Services. Retrieved February 7, 2009 from http://www. ibm.
com/technologyservices/us/en/. MIT Consulting (2009). MIT Consulting Services. Retrieved February 8, 2009 from http://www. mitconsulting. ca/index. php? ref=services.
SCR Associates (n. d). SCR work sessions and intranet. Retrieved February 6, 2009 from http://oc. course. com/sc/sad7e/scr/intranet/index. cfm.