Worldwide has multiple locations in 50 countries. Every three years the organization reviews the…
- Worldwide has multiple locations in 50 countries. Every three years the organization reviews the job and pay structures. Ameka the new Chief HR Officer of World Logistics decides to change the current job-content valuation technique used in the exercise. She has been told by the HR staff that the current technique used has become increasingly difficult to administer as the organization has grown in size.
She is considering the use of either the point-method or a simple ranking plan. She is seeking a method that gives a numerical basis for wage differentials. She thinks that the old approach fails to balance internal and external considerations while evaluating jobs. The old approach is also complex and cannot be easily understood by non-supervisory staff or unskilled labour.
Using the information in the scenario prepare a 1-1½ page recommendation to Ameka; this must;
- briefly outline the two job evaluation methods;
- discussion the relative suitability of the two job evaluation methods;
- suggest ONE data collection method suitable for collecting the data; and
- recommend which of the two job evaluation methods is best in the circumstances.