ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND DIVERSITYSLP Overview After completing the readings assigned in this Module and by the end of this SLP assignment you will demonstrate your knowledge of key issues related t
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND DIVERSITYSLP Overview
After completing the readings assigned in this Module and by the end of this SLP assignment you will demonstrate your knowledge of key issues related to organizational culture and diversity.
Brunetta, F., Marchegiani, L., & Peruffo, E. (2019, September 8). When birds of a feather don’t flock together: Diversity and innovation outcomes in international R&D collaborations, pp. 1-2, 7. Manuscript submitted for publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.08.033. Available in the Trident Online Library.
Hsiao, A., Auld, C., & Ma, E. (2015, July). Perceived organizational diversity and employee behavior. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 48, 102-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2015.04.009. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Organizational behavior. (2017). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing Edition. http://open.lib.umn.edu/organizationalbehavior/. CC BY-NC-SA License.
Read the following sections in Chapter 2:
Section 2.2 Demographic DiversitySection 2.3 Cultural Diversity
Read the following sections in Chapter 15:
Section 15.2 Understanding Organizational CultureSection 15.3 Characteristics of Organizational CultureSection 15.4 Creating and Maintaining Organizational CultureSection 15.5 Creating Culture ChangeSection 15.6 The Role of Ethics and National Culture
Podsiadlowski, A., Grösc, D., Kogler, M., Springer, C., & van der Zee, K. (2013, March). Managing a culturally diverse workforce: Diversity perspectives in organizations. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 37(2013), 159-161. Available in the Trident Online Library.
In a 2-page submission, not counting the cover and references pages, respond to the following questions on the Cultural Identify Worksheet regarding your knowledge of your own and your employer’s corporate culture and cultural diversity.
This assignment is about you, so feel free to write in the first person, using the words I, me, my, etc.
Cultural Identifier Worksheet
- Name three cultural identifiers that you identify with most. Describe in detail how you identify with these three.
- Which of these cultural identifiers do you see in the people with whom you work or play?
- Do you consider your place of work as diverse? In what ways?
- From the short list you made in #1, select the one that you identify with the most.
- What is it that you like the most about this cultural identifier?
- From the list above, select the one identifier that you identify with the least. Explain why it does not fit you.
- Do you see the cultural identifier in #6 in those with whom you work or play?
- List some stereotypes about your culture that do not apply to you.
- The following is a short list of some of the ways people respond to others’ cultural and diversity identifiers either through their thoughts, words, or deeds.
- Prejudice–an attitude about another person or group of people based on stereotypes
- Discrimination–an action or behavior based on prejudice
- Racism–prejudice or discrimination based on race/ethnicity
- Sexism–prejudice or discrimination based on gender
In discussions of these terms, an issue that sometimes arises is that prejudice and discrimination can be positive. It is important to note that when these issues are discussed in the context of cultural diversity, they are generally considered negative and very easy to identify. In what instance would prejudice or discrimination be a positive? Why is it so hard to identify the positive ones?
You are required to have at least one high-quality peer-reviewed academic reference to support a discussion of a topic in this assignment. These are always found in the Trident Online Library. Sometimes you can find them in Google Scholar. Those often have to be paid for, but the ones in our library are free to use.
Note: A URL (website address) is NOT a reference. A reference always contains four parts: author, publication date, article title, and the source of the article.
We will write a custom
Essay on ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND DIVERSITYSLP Overview After completing the readings assigned in this Module and by the end of this SLP assignment you will demonstrate your knowledge of key issues related t
specifically for you for only
805 certified writers online